We get *lots* of requests from community members asking where to study permaculture. It’s a great way to learn new skills and live more sustainably. And after the year that was 2020, we think permaculture skills are even more important than ever!
We’ve collated this handy ‘where to’ guide’ to help you kickstart your permaculture studies and/or fulfil that new years resolution of studying permaculture and making a difference.
Accredited Permaculture Training.
Accredited training is nationally recognised and includes a Certificate I-IV and Diploma in Permaculture offered by a Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) in Australia. Further information can be found here. These courses may be online or face to face (or both) and in some states/territories the state government may offer subsidies or scholarships. The following RTO’s are registered to offer the accredited permaculture training:
- Byron Community College
- Australian Permaculture Learning Centre, Gold Standard Education Pty Ltd
- NSW TAFE
- Skills Strategies International, Western Australia
- Southern Regional TAFE, Western Australia
Permaculture Design Course (PDC)
The Permaculture Design Course is a (minimum) 72 hour course in permaculture. Course offerings may be face to face in a two week block, spread over weekends or weekdays, held online or both. If the organisation listed below has an * next to their name, they also provide a generous discount for Permaculture Australia members.
If you are interested in an online PDC you may like to check out:
The following PA members offer a ‘face to face’ or mixed delivery PDC
New South Wales
- Brogo Permaculture Gardens *
- Byron Community College *
- Djanbung Gardens Permaculture College Australia *
- Eagle Ridge Permaculture
- Fullcycle Permaculture
- Limestone Permaculture
- Permacoach *
- Purple Pear Farm *
- Grounded – Permaculture Action Party
- Noosa Forest Retreat *
- Northey Street City Farm
- Savour Soil Permaculture
- Ballarat Permaculture Guild *
- CERES Community Environment Centre
- Delldint Permaculture Learning
- Holmgren Designs
- Natural Systems Permaculture
- Permaculture Yarra Valley
- Santosha Permaculture
- Permaculture Educators Alliance – Dandelion Permaculture & Gaia Permaculture
There are also a great variety of short courses on permaculture and related topics being offered across Australia by our members including:
- Milkwood Permaculture Living online course *
- An Alternative Life Learning Centre
- Canberra Permaculture Design & Education
- Cecilia Macaulay Declutter and reset
- Dan Palmer Holistic Decision Making
- Dynamic Groups, Robin Clayfield
- Folks of All Trades
- Holistic Farming Management – Inside Outside Management
- MYCOmmunity Applied Mycology
- Permaculture Haven
- Permaculture Student
- Ready to Adapt
- Spiral Garden ‘Seedlings permaculture for families’ e course
- The Soil Web with Elaine Ingham
- Tiger Hill Permaculture
So what are you waiting for? Get in touch with one of the above organisations and start your permaculture study journey today.
The above list includes courses from our Permaculture Australia professional and organisation members. To add your business to the list, you can sign up as a member here today. You’ll be joining hundreds of members from across Australia and the globe helping us to advocate for permaculture solutions, education and action.
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to confirm the information above is correct. Please contact the course providers directly with any queries. To access your PA member discount please log into the PA website and then click on ‘member benefits’.