Date/Time 23/06/2019 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Contact event organiser
Learn how and turn your front and backyard into edible food forest! Even on a smallest space! Only few places available!
What this workshop will cover:
- Setting up a food forest in any size backyard or front yard and what edible plants grow best in our climate
- Different mulch types and mulching Technics
- Different types of natural home made fertilizer easy to make and use
- Dealing with weeds
- Companion planting
- Raised garden beds using recycled and/or natural materials
- Pest control
- How to prepare, eat and drink the produce from the food forest! Including home grown tea!
Where: Howard-Pacific Haven QLD 4659
Workshop fee: $120
What to bring: Good spirit! You might also like to bring a pen and notebook, hat and cloths you don’t mind to get dirty.
Tutor: Ewa Bekiesch – Certified Permaculture Designer and Educator. Ewa has also the Food As Medicine Certificate from the Monash University
1. We start with the food forest – visual learning – tour where you can find over one hundred different types of growing edibles. A list of the plants you receive on arriving will help you to recognize and name all the edibles we grow here on site. I will show and explain easy ways how to grow food naturally and how to use the potential of the nature’s cycle in the garden. We will discuss a different types of compost and how to use it in the garden and also how to make the perfect soil mix for your garden. You will learn simple types of raised garden beds and how to build an instant veggie patch using simple materials.
2. We will then take a quick sneak peak at the chickens food forests which have been built especially for them where I explain how the system works.
3. You get the opportunity to learn some hands on permaculture methods of gardening, depends on the time of the year, like harvesting and preserving food, seeding, propagating and planting new edibles, pruning trees and more.
4. We will end this day with a nice light meal we prepare together from the fresh harvested edibles and drink our grown with love Permaculture Haven tea!
Please contact Ewa Bekiesch if you have any questions.