Date/Time 06/02/2019 - 05/12/2019 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location Byron College of Permaculture
Contact event organiser
Go To www.byroncollege.org.au/course/Cert4Perm2
Grow your permaculture interest into a richly rewarding career and immerse yourself in sustainable living and organic farming practices right in the green heart of Northern NSW.
This course provides skills training for people involved in or wanting to establish an enterprise or small business, including design and information service, organic cottage industry, organic production systems, CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), rural enterprises, market garden and organic horticulture, forestry, seed farming, and value-adding industries.
This advanced course enables students to progress onto wide-ranging and fascinating careers in permaculture, sustainability education and ecological farming sectors.
You Will Learn
- Permaculture principles and ethics
- Seed bank management
- Harvesting and storage system design
- Urban and rural design
- Compost and soil building
- Budget frameworks
- Analysis and identification of bioregional characteristics
- Species suitability
- Planning and implementation of permaculture works
- Co-ordination of community projects
- Smart & Skilled Scholarship: $0
- Smart & Skilled Concession: $240
- Smart & Skilled Full Fee: $2,770
- Standard Concession fee: $6,600
- Standard Full fee: $6,900
This course is Austudy Approved. Full time workload would be 21 hours per week for 12 weeks.
Smart and Skilled funded places may be available for these qualifications. Please call the college for more information on 02 6684 3374. This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.