Date/Time 05/02/2019 - 18/09/2019 @ 9:00 am
Location Byron College of Permaculture
Contact event organiser
Go to www.byroncollege.org.au/course/Cert3Perm3
Byron Region Community College offers the opportunity to immerse yourself in sustainable living in Byron Shire, the green heart of the North Coast. Make like-minded friends as you get the practical experience and confidence you need to transition your life and the lives of others towards a better future.
Certificate III in Permaculture is the “trade equivalent” qualification from the Accredited Permaculture Training Package that prepares you to operate in a skilled and independent manner developing and operating permaculture systems.
You Will Learn
- Permaculture Principles and ethics
- Integrated plant and animal systems
- Seed saving and propagation
- Establishment of urban permaculture systems
- Planning and design of food forests and orchards
- Building and installation of permaculture structures
- Crop planning, maintenance, harvesting and cooking
- Installation and maintenance of permaculture water systems
- Plant pest and disease management
- Landscape and map interpretation
- Soil health and soil types
- Smart & Skilled Scholarship: $0
- Smart & Skilled Concession: $240
- Smart & Skilled Full Fee: $880
- Standard Concession fee: $4,100
- Standard Full fee: $4,300
This course is Austudy Approved. Full time workload would be 22 hours per week for 29 weeks.
Smart and Skilled funded places may be available for these qualifications – please call the college for more information on 02 6684 3374. This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.