EVENT DETAILS...WHEN: Saturday 5 August 2017 until Saturday 11 November 2017
TIME: 12:00am to 12:00am
WHERE: Valley’s End Permaculture Homestead and Farm Beaven Lane Jilliby
We’re organising our annual part-time Permaculture Design Course (PDC), right here on the Central Coast.
This page gives all the course details. And for the sake of simplicity, just send me an email to register and we’ll take it from there! Hope that works for you.
“Simple is better.”
Starting Saturday 5 August 2017, ending Saturday 11 November 2017.
This course is part-time, meaning it takes place every Saturday (except school holidays) from 9am to 5pm.
The course will take place on our farm (Jilliby – Central Coast, Australia).
It is a great escape from the city, and everywhere you see is a teaching ground for permaculture principles and applications.
“Last but not least, we can get our hands dirty there and it won’t matter!”
There will also be some site visits at local suburban homes that have been successfully retrofitted to permaculture and LOTS of practical hands-on stuff.
- the course is rooted on the official 72h programme, and is revised, refreshed, up-to-date.
- teaching is grounded in Rosemary Morrow’s teaching principles.
- our course is loaded with buckets of practical tips on gardening/farming/simple living, site visits and how-to, so expect to get your hands or jeans dirty!
- the course takes place at the farm where you can see plants and animals systems used successfully.
- teaching is learner-centered, integrative, and engaging.
- we are a down-to-earth family with care at heart, living and breathing permaculture.
Learning to design with us is to:
- foster your ability to ‘read’ the landscape and to observe patterns,
- enable you to interpret those patterns,
- find appropriate solutions that will benefit you and nature,
- foster your innate abilities, your self-responsibility, and your creativity
- prepare… prepare… prepare, for resiliency, for emergencies, or for strong sustainability.