- This event has passed.
Less Stuff, More Merry: Re:Design and Re-imagine your Christmas
December 13, 2020 @ 2:00 pmGiftivist
How to keep the thrills of Christmas, avoid the pitfalls, and evolve new traditions you really love
In this 2 hour hands-on webinar, we re-imagine Christmas. We set things up to elevate relationships and enliven each other’s home spaces. Christmas can be festive and playful, and not one bit consumed or consuming.
This is part of Cecilia Macaulay’s Permaculture Declutter and Reset series, with a party-feel and results that stay, forever.
You’ll get to ask questions, engage in activities, and be inspired by Cecilia’s beautiful photos and ideas that work.
We will start decluttering and enchanting your space, and have a show-and-tell at the end.
What is the essence of Christmas for you, and how could you embody this?
We will explore:
Designing a space for ease, and for satisfying social interactions
– Using Zones to Declutter and Reset your gathering space to be inspiring, free of obstacles.
– How to make and protect ‘creative void’ in which surprises happen.
– How to set up self and guests so plastic and disposables are avoided, and this feels like a freely-chosen adventure, elevating us to a new way of being
– Get unstuck with Cecilia’s ‘Five S’ method: ‘Separate’, Subtract’, ‘Second-nature’ and more, based on Permaculture, and Toyota’s Zen-inspired ‘Five S’ method of creating miracles
– How to be generous yet avoid giving consumer items
– How to gracefully request and give desirable gifts, creating value, not clutter.
– Creative ways to have juicy exchanges, especially with relatives we find challenging.
Inspired by Japanese culture and Permaculture, we will be creating new ‘patterns’ and ways of being you might use every day for the rest of your life.
Katie de Araujo and Cecilia Macaulay have been creating increasingly delightful family gatherings together for almost half a century…because they are sisters! How lucky they have overlapping missions, bringing a touch of wonder to daily life.
Katie de Araujo, founder of Body Centred Living, will get you feeling in your body, what a festive, glowing space feels like. A room and a day can feel as good as a smile, a clear breath and open posture. She says “Our Festive space holds both our base chakra’s need for safety our heart’s desire for belonging as well as our highest chakra’s need for a spiritual opening.”
Cecilia brings wisdom from Japanese culture and Permaculture (nature-based design), right to where you can use it. With Cecilia on your side, you’ll be making your regular days worthy of candlelight, a gift by you to world, and with moments of admiration sprinkled though.