AHC42116 – Certificate IV in Permaculture
February 3 @ 9:00 am - December 3 @ 3:30 pm
Take your Permaculture knowledge a step futher with the Certificate IV in Permaculture.
Aimed at students who already have some Permaculture skills, this course will continue your Permaculture journey and grow your permaculture know-how right in the green heart of Northern NSW!
Studying Permaculture can lead to a richly rewarding career, where you can immerse yourself in sustainable living and organic farming practices. It can provide you with opportunities to work in community development locally and internationally, aid projects, integrated food production or design for sustainable living.
Learn how to:
* Provide advice on permaculture principles and practices
* Identify and analyse bioregional characteristics and resources
* Design an urban or rural permaculture system
* Manage organic soil improvement
* Evaluate suitability of species as solutions for permaculture applications
* Cost a project
* Manage a permaculture seed bank
* Design harvest and storage systems for permaculture products
* Operate within a sustainable community and bioregional development program
* Plan and implement permaculture works
* Recommend approaches for sustainable community and bioregional development
* Selecting appropriate technology and evaluating suitability of species for permaculture applications
This course is run two days a week – Thu and Fri 9am to 3.30pm over an 11mth period giving you the time to gain valuable skills, knowledge and transform your life. We kick off the start of this course with a three-day intensive permaculture fundamentals at Djanbung Gardens, Nimbin. Djanbung Gardens is purpose designed as a permaculture education centre and living learn-scape; and is the campus of Permaculture College Australia, and home of Robyn Francis.
This course is being offered as a subsidised course to eligible students under the NSW Government Smart and Skilled program. Applications for these subsidised places are limited so a funded place cannot be guaranteed.
For more information about this nationally recognised training head to our website http://www.byronpermaculture.org.au or call 02 6684 3374