Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of Permaculture International Limited members will be held:
- Wednesday 11th March 2015 at 1.00pm-3:30pm at the Australasian Permaculture Convergence 12,
Penguin Primary School
105 Ironcliffe Rd Penguin TAS 7316
Members are recommended to read the report before the meeting. Please email the secretary if you require a PDF version to be sent to you:
The meeting will cover standard AGM business as per the following Agenda:
- review of the progress of the past few years
- presentation of the 2014 Annual Report
- discussion about the future activities and organisational process
- election of new office holders.
[toggle title="Election of Board of Directors"]
Under the Articles of the Company, a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 7 Directors shall be appointed. The roles of Secretary and Treasurer will also need to be filled, from within the elected Directors.
We encourage all members nominating to lodge a short post in support of their nomination on the Permaculture Australia website. Under the Articles, all nominees must be nominated by two other members. Please indicate the members who have nominated you on the post. However, nominations will be accepted on the floor of the Meeting.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please use the attached proxy form for your nominations of people to the Board. Check members on the website for other potential nominees for the new Board.
[toggle title="Download supporting pdf documents"]
[button_link url="http://permacultureaustralia.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/PA-Annual-Report-2014.pdf" target="blank" title="" style="blue" class="" id="" onclick=""] Download pdf — PA Annual Report 2014 [/button_link]
[button_link url="http://permacultureaustralia.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/DraftMinutesofPILAGMAug2014.pdf" target="blank" title="" style="blue" class="" id="" onclick=""] Download pdf — Draft Minutes of Permaculture International Ltd AGM August 2014 [/button_link]
Proxy fillable pdf form
Find the proxy pdf fillable form, which you will find on page two, in the link below. You can hit the submit button after filling in the details and it will open your email and send the form directly to the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- fill in your proxy at the top (the person who will be at the meeting who will vote for you) then...
- in the middle box place the name of the person/s you are nominating for the board of directors.
There is one more area on the form you can complete:
- whether you consent to be nominated as a director
[button_link url="http://permacultureaustralia.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/PIL-proxy-form-agm2015.pdf" target="blank" style="blue" title="" class="" id="" onclick=""] Download pdf fillable form — PIL proxy form for AGM 2015 [/button_link]
Signed John McKenzie
Permaculture International Ltd.
Australian Company Number: 003 386 258
PO Box 230 CHURCH POINT NSW 2105, AUSTRALIA
Election of Directors to the Permaculture Australia Board
The Permaculture Australia Annual General Meeting is coming up at the Australasian Permaculture Convergence 12 on Wednesday 11 March 2015 at 11.30 pm, with 7 Board members to be elected by the Permaculture Australia current financial members.
Therefore, to be active in the organisation and help its development over the coming twelve months and beyond, it important to:
- Make sure you are a current financial member of Permaculture Australia and
- Consider whether you may like to nominate to become a Board member or if you would like to nominate another qualified permaculturalist to become a Board member (with their prior agreement).
- Attend and contribute to the AGM which is held by teleconference on the above AGM date.
- If you are not available on the AGM date to submit your proxy vote beforehand.
[toggle title="What does Board membership involve?"]
Being a Board member of Permaculture Australia is an unpaid honorary position with the Board requiring the 7 Board members to collectively have a mix of the following skills and abilities:
- Leadership skills & qualities
- Willingness and reliability to dedicate a significant amount of time for the duties which come with the position including availability for monthly evening teleconference Board meetings and regular evening sub-committee Skype or teleconference meetings. Also an enthusiasm to participate in subcommittees focused on key initiatives eg. APT, Permafund, Communications etc.etc.
- Preferably some experience with the administration of permaculture groups or projects or other not-for- profit groups
- Communication, consultative and diplomacy skills
- Some degree of IT savvy and adequate, reliable internet connection facilities
- Financial management, accounting or book-keeping skills are advantageous for liaison with auditors, government departments and registered training organisations
- Project and/pr event management skills
- Some experience with registered training organisations, permaculture teaching, course design and delivery and administering Accredited Permaculture Training.
- Media liaison and advocacy skills
- Marketing skills
- Grant writing, acquittal and assessment skills
- Clerical and administrative skills
- Understanding of governance and legal compliance requirements
- Fund raising ideas to help support permaculture projects through the Permafund
- Networking experience.
[toggle title="How are Directors elected?"]
Under the Permaculture Australia Constitution, members who wish to stand for election to the Board must be nominated by at least 2 other members.
The minimum number of Directors is 5, and the maximum 7. All positions are declared vacant at the AGM, but current Directors can re-nominate. Nominations can be made prior to the AGM, and nominees are encouraged to post information in support of their candidacy on the PA website, including the names of their nominating members.
Nominees can also be nominated by 2 members on the floor of the AGM. Where there are more than 7 nominees, Directors will arrange for a ballot to be held.
[toggle title="I’d still like to vote and nominate someone but can’t attend the AGM?"]
Find the proxy pdf fillable form, which you will find on page two, in the link below. You can hit the submit button after filling in the details and it will open your email and send the form directly to the Secretary at email@example.com.
You will see in the graphic to the right that you fill in your proxy at the top (the person who will be at the meeting who will vote for you) then in the middle box place the name of the person you are nominating for the board of directors.
There areas on the form you can complete:
- whether you consent to be nominated as a director.
Then send the form back by 5:00pm Wednesday 13 August 2014 to either:
- By mail to reach the postal address at:
Permaculture International Ltd
PO Box 230
Church Point NSW 2105
- By email to the Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Might be an idea to notify the person you have appointed as your proxy and cc the email proxy form to them as well.
Details instructions for completing the proxy form can be found in the pdf download below.
[button_link url="http://permacultureaustralia.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/PIL-proxy-form-agm2014.pdf" target="blank" style="blue" title="" class="" id="" onclick=""] Download pdf — PIL proxy form for AGM 2014 [/button_link]