We are looking for a part-time Education Coordinator (20 hours) to join our team. Someone who is a passionate educator with excellent communication and people management skills.
You’ll have a thorough understanding of Permaculture principles and practices, and the ability to develop these into engaging and profitable Education and Workshop Programs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide overall coordination of the Education Program at NSCF to ensure the program meets NSCF’s values and goals. The program includes the “Sustainable Living Workshop Program”, the “Permaculture Design Course Program” and the “Farm Tours & School Activities Program” and external educational activities.
- Assist with preparation and monitoring of the Education Program budget and recommend new education programs and projects (including grant opportunities) to the Education & Support Team Manager.
- Process workshop and course payments and ensure course and student records are maintained.
- Work with the Education & Support Team Manager to manage staffing for the Education Program, including recruitment, induction, conflict resolution, timetabling and training.
- Arrange and facilitate Education Program meetings with Permaculture teachers, workshop facilitators and farm tutors as required, and support them to deliver enjoyable, interesting and informative Permaculture education experiences.
- Support Education Program participants as appropriate.
- Teach Permaculture Design Course sessions, and lead visiting school group activities as required (note – remuneration will be in addition to the Education Coordinator salary).
- Work with the Education & Support Team Manager to develop and distribute promotional material about the Education Program at various events, both on and off site, for example at the NSCF Sunday Organic Market, festivals, events, and schools.
Work with the Administration Co-ordinator to maintain the education pages on the NSCF website and promote the program on social media.
- Liaise externally with:
- Educational institutions (including schools and universities); community groups; local councils, State Government departments and interested organisations to promote and develop the NSCF Education Program;
- Registered Training Organisations in relation to fulfilling the training and assessment requirements of Accredited Training Packages and other VET matters;
- Relevant industry associations to keep up-to-date with national Permaculture issues.
- Attend fortnightly Education and Support Team meetings as required and report to Education & Support Team Manager fortnightly.
- Liaise with the Farming Manager about the maintenance and planting plan of the School Garden and other specialist gardens as necessary for particular courses and workshops.
- Supervise the volunteer librarian to operate the NSCF Education Library.
- Qualifications: Permaculture Design Certificate; and Cert IV in Training & Assessment (TAA) or Cert IV in Training & Assessment (TAE), teaching qualifications, or equivalent (or a willingness to acquire Cert IV TAE)
- Teaching and facilitation experience, including curriculum development
- Permaculture design, implementation and gardening experience
- Program / Project Management experience, including formulating & monitoring budgets
- Demonstrated leadership ability and people management skills including conflict resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work to multiple deadlines simultaneously
- A current Queensland “Blue Card” (Working with Children Check) or a willingness to obtain one.
- Experience in supervising staff or volunteers
- Experience working in community organisations
- Website maintenance and social media skills.
- Applications must address each of the selection criteria (approx 100words each)
- Please also include a CV with at least two referees
- Applications are due close of business Monday 5 January 2015
- Proposed start date is mid – January 2015
- Please submit application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hard copies may be sent to: Northey Street City Farm, 16 Victoria St, Windsor, 4030
For further info
Contact Ronni Martin: email@example.com
Applications are due close of business Monday 5 January 2015[button_link url="http://www.nscf.org.au/seeking-an-education-coordinator/" target="blank" style="blue" title="" class="" id="" onclick=""]Visit Northey Street City Farm website[/button_link]