board meeting Nov 2009

View PDF - PIL board meeting minutes 18Nov09

MEETING COMMENCED: 7.30pm, Wednesday November, 2009 CHAIRED BY: Gillian Koszicki
PRESENT: Sue Mossman, Gillian Koszicki, Russ Grayson, Tim Winton, Jerome Santospirito
MINUTES SEC: Sue Mossman APOLOGIES: nil CHAIR WELCOME: Gillian opens the meeting at 7.30pm. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: - BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES: - CORRESPONDENCE IN: - CORRESPONDENCE OUT: -
AGENDA ITEMS: 1. Permafund
2. PilDevelopmentopportunities 3. APT 4. APC 10
1.0 Permafund
DISCUSSION : Sue identified that the Permafund return has gone in for end of financial
year. There has been 3 donations given out in the current year, and one more urgent request for funds for translation document to be used in Uganda. Many thanks to Peter Hardwick and Robyn Francis who have previously helped on the committee.
2.0PIL Development Opportunities
DISCUSSION: More volunteers needed to work on site, although students undertaking APT may be interested.
More communication/networking needed between PIL, and International, National and other members. Website needs more work, open source resources for PIJ, permaculture articles, Tim to work with Russ, this would add value to membership, to drive the process to have them up and running prior to APC10 although it is important that it be cohesive, an improved website, trading name, etc. Redesign of the webpage, with links, reports
Name change to wait while we identify what names are available.
MOVED BY: Gillian that we wait while Tim identified what names are currently available for name change.
SECONDED BY: Sue CARRIED
MOVED BY: Gillian that the communications strategy of quarterly information from the subcommittees/Board to the members be adopted. End Dec, March, June, September.
SECONDED BY: Tim CARRIED
3.0 Accredited Permaculture Training
DISCUSSION: APT has been reaccredited in QLD for another 5 years. The course is better, more innovative. Many thanks for the hard slog to the committee and particularly to Virginia Solomon, Steve Burns – education consultant.
4.0 APC10
This has been endorsed by the Board, and will occur in Cairns. Aim to have promo on site asap
Action Items
1)that PIL board move to bi monthly meetings, commencing 2nd December, first Wed of every even month.
Moved by : Gillian Seconded by Sue Gordon carried.
Gillian will put out the calendar or events
2)communications strategy will compiled by the Secretary, but needs the information two weeks before by each subcommittee.
3) Tim to identify the availability of names 4) bankbalances to be produced on 2nd monthly basis
All to review the development strategy, Tim to put this together prior to next meeting on 2nd dec
All directors thanked each other and the meeting was closed at 9.00pm Next meeting Wednesday 2nd December 2009 at 7.30pm EST.
I certify that thi a true and accurate record of the meeting.
SIGNED: CHAIR _______________________________________
Meeting closed 9ish?

MEETING COMMENCED: 7.30pm, Wednesday November, 2009 CHAIRED BY: Gillian KoszickiPRESENT: Sue Mossman, Gillian Koszicki, Russ Grayson, Tim Winton, Jerome SantospiritoMINUTES SEC: Sue Mossman APOLOGIES: nil CHAIR WELCOME: Gillian opens the meeting at 7.30pm. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: - BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES: - CORRESPONDENCE IN: - CORRESPONDENCE OUT: -AGENDA ITEMS: 1. Permafund2. PilDevelopmentopportunities 3. APT 4. APC 101.0 PermafundDISCUSSION : Sue identified that the Permafund return has gone in for end of financialyear. There has been 3 donations given out in the current year, and one more urgent request for funds for translation document to be used in Uganda. Many thanks to Peter Hardwick and Robyn Francis who have previously helped on the committee.2.0PIL Development OpportunitiesDISCUSSION: More volunteers needed to work on site, although students undertaking APT may be interested.More communication/networking needed between PIL, and International, National and other members. Website needs more work, open source resources for PIJ, permaculture articles, Tim to work with Russ, this would add value to membership, to drive the process to have them up and running prior to APC10 although it is important that it be cohesive, an improved website, trading name, etc. Redesign of the webpage, with links, reportsName change to wait while we identify what names are available.MOVED BY: Gillian that we wait while Tim identified what names are currently available for name change.SECONDED BY: Sue CARRIEDMOVED BY: Gillian that the communications strategy of quarterly information from the subcommittees/Board to the members be adopted. End Dec, March, June, September.SECONDED BY: Tim CARRIED3.0 Accredited Permaculture TrainingDISCUSSION: APT has been reaccredited in QLD for another 5 years. The course is better, more innovative. Many thanks for the hard slog to the committee and particularly to Virginia Solomon, Steve Burns – education consultant.4.0 APC10This has been endorsed by the Board, and will occur in Cairns. Aim to have promo on site asapAction Items1)that PIL board move to bi monthly meetings, commencing 2nd December, first Wed of every even month.Moved by : Gillian Seconded by Sue Gordon carried.Gillian will put out the calendar or events2)communications strategy will compiled by the Secretary, but needs the information two weeks before by each subcommittee.3) Tim to identify the availability of names 4) bankbalances to be produced on 2nd monthly basisAll to review the development strategy, Tim to put this together prior to next meeting on 2nd decAll directors thanked each other and the meeting was closed at 9.00pm Next meeting Wednesday 2nd December 2009 at 7.30pm EST.I certify that thi a true and accurate record of the meeting.SIGNED: CHAIR _______________________________________Meeting closed 9ish?

Published in PA News

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *